Being a professional working woman, you always want your makeup to be as natural looking as possible.
Starting with eye makeup:
- Stick to neutral colors on your eyelids such as taupe’s, browns, nothing too dark and always remember to use a highlight on your inner corner to brighten your eyes
- When applying mascara, be sure to generously coat each lash and stick to non-clumpy mascaras
- Apply a black/brown eyeliner to your waterline and if you wish to create a “cat-eye” look, wing-out your eyeliner on the upper lash line.
For a fresh looking face:
I recommend always starting off with a moisturizer to moisturizer your face of course and then using a primer so that your makeup stays on all day.
No matter what product you use for your face whether it’s foundation, tinted-moisturizer or a bb cream (depending on the amount of coverage you desire), always apply with either a flat-top or stippling brush for a more flawless finish. Also, be sure to evenly apply and blend the product all over your face.
Dab a light concealer under your eyes to cover up those dark circles and if you feel your foundation didn’t give you the full-coverage you need, apply a little concealer to any other imperfections you wish to cover up.
To set your foundation and concealer, apply a finishing powder and lightly sweep it all over your face, remember to not apply to much powder to avoid having a cakey face.
For cheeks (depending on your skin tone)
- If you have a light skin tone, pink blushes are the way to go.
- If you have a light/medium skin tone, rosey/pink blushes are best.
- For medium/olive skin tones, a coral or peach blush looks great on your skin.
- For darker/deeper skin tones, you can get away with bright pink or red blushes.
When applying blush, always apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend out.
Last but not least, lips:
Lips can go either way, also depending on your skin tone. For work, I suggest staying away from the Nicki Minaj colors and using something that looks more sophisticated like a red lipstick. But if you can’t pull of something that bold, go for lighter colors or even use your favorite lipgloss or lip balm to keep your makeup looking as natural as possible.